GNU Make is a UNIX hacker's toolkit to manipulate and build executables
Pros of GNU make-
1) It can use, delete, and regenerate intermediate files which do not need to be saved with a package
2) The -o -v option used along with make
3) Specify extra makefiles to be read using an environment variable through GNU make
4) Specify static pattern rules for source...
A *nix Build automation tool suitable for smaller projects, lacks scalability and performance
- One of the most popular build automation tools that are specially used on various *nix platforms.
- Build process is divided into various "Rules" which makes it very user friendly. Rules essentially contain dependency lists, files, targets, etc.
- Avoids rebuilding targets
GNU make is a basic build automation tool for generating build binaries. Not suitable for projects with circular dependencies.
GNU make is a build automation utility for running builds on various Linux flavored platforms. It can easily build targets and can be integrated with other build automation utilities for this platform. It avoids rebuilding unneeded targets and thus saves time and improves overall efficiency. GNU...