Fits Agile development model and easy to use, but has its issues.
Fast speed to delivery of new solutions; fits Agile development model; easy integration and mashup with other SaaS/PaaS offerings; combination of configuration and coding; easy to learn and get up-to-speed quickly for developers; no waiting for hardware & other environments to be ready; scales...
Overall a good and cheap platform with scalability support. Good for individuals and startups, but not suitable for heavy/large applications.
- A very good platform for those applications that store something and retrieve it back.
- Google takes care of deploying the code to the clusters, monitoring, failover, and launching application instances as and when necessary. This takes a lot of the administrative work off the user.
Microsoft Azure is best cloud computing platform available in the market.
Yet another powerful and reliable product from Microsoft. Windows Azure is a very reliable cloud computing platform, coupled with Microsoft data centers. More positives are that it can be used with non-Microsoft based data centers. It is fast and secure.
It stands first among all other cloud...
We moved our accounting database from an in-house SQL Server to MS Azure cloud and saw a significant increase in performance.
High availability rate anywherem, anytime.
Periodic workloads options let me pay only for the time I have used it.
It is easy to backup database via BCP program or tools available on codeplex site.
It supports multiple languages such as Java, .NET, Ruby and PHP.
Windows Azure is classified as platform, as a service, and forms part of Microsoft's cloud computing strategy, along with its software as a service offering Microsoft Online Services
-Windows Azure is available in multiple data centers around the world, enabling you to deploy your applications close to your customers.
- Its enables you to use any language, framework, or tool to build applications. Features and services are exposed using open REST protocols.
Microsoft's cloud computing platform Windows Azure is a combination of both PaaS and IaaS
The pros of using Windows Azure are-
1) Windows Azure Virtual Network which enables virtual private network creation for enterprise usage
2) Support for Python, PHP, JAVA, .NET
3) More focus on application deployment, rather than infrastructure
4) Provides an application interface built on REST...
Good for running Microsoft Enterprise Applications, although a pricey alternative to other IaaS/Paas service providers in the market.
1) Windows Azure supports ASP.NET and Node.js, among other platforms.
2) Due to the Node.js supported library, Azure is capable of supporting the Map Reduce Infrastructure, Hadoop, for distributed data processing and number processing.
3) With the help of AppFabric Internet services, it can...