A very good open source debugger, can be run on various platforms, and supports debugging many programming platforms.
- One of the best open source debuggers that are suitable for debugging a code base written in C/C++, Java, Fortran, etc., on a lot of platforms, including Linux.
- It has the feature of debugging...
- One of the basic problems with gdb, is the syntax of gdb. You have to spend some time grasping the basics, before you can start debugging your application.
- Another major problem with gdb is that...
A very good open source debugger available for a large number of platforms. It can debug various applications written in programming languages like C/CPP, Java, FORTRAN, etc. It can also do a remote...
Overall a good and cheap platform with scalability support. Good for individuals and startups, but not suitable for heavy/large applications.
- A very good platform for those applications that store something and retrieve it back.
- Google takes care of deploying the code to the clusters, monitoring, failover, and launching application...
- Developers have read-only access to the filesystem on the Google App Engine.
- GAE is not suitable for CPU intensive calculations.
- You cannot produce a social graph using Google app engine...
Overall a good platform for running small applications that basically deals with storing and retrieving data from backend. Since the backend is handled by Google, you get a scalable app platform, but...
Top notch mobile app development platform, but does not support platforms other than Macintosh.
- A large number of tutorials, websites, etc. are available on the web for developing based on iOS SDK (XCode)
- Applications developed through XCode are highly secure and stable
- Out of the box...
- You need a Mac box for running the SDK
- XCode cannot be run on any platform other than Mac
- All app development is done using the Objective-C language, which is very different from standard C...
A very stable SDK with lots of tutorials and sites dedicated to information on how to do app development using iOS SDK. The major deterrent is the fact that doing app development requires you to have...
Best in class open source mobile app development platform
- Open source SDK is a boon for developers, especially those who like to customize the underlying kernel/OS to suit their needs.
- UI development through the XML template, is very comfortable for...
- Initial loading of emulator takes a lot of time
- Developing apps for tablets is comparatively difficult because the emulator is extremely slow
- Since all the applications need to be developed...
A very good mobile app development platform with support for developing on various platforms like Wiindows, Linux, Mac, etc. Very good support for integrating 3rd party libraries. Development of apps...