3CX Review

It's a Windows-based VoIP PBX - perfect for a system admin like myself to make a move into telephony.

Valuable Features

Improvements to My Organization

I have always provided computer and networking support for my clients, but they continually asked for phone system support as well and I don't always have to send them to a competitor. Since I found 3cx, I can now offer telephony services to my clients as well and it has allowed my company to become more well rounded without spending thousands to train on a proprietary PBX.

Room for Improvement

There's some complexity in interfacing with external devices.

Use of Solution

2 yrs

We had an issue setting up a SIP trunk with Charter Communications, but it turned out that Charter had not provided the correct documentation so it was no fault of 3cx.

We've had no issues with stability.

So far I have only done small installations ( <16 simultaneous calls), but it has worked well for those installations.

10 - the few times I'very had to contact technical support they answered quickly and helped me get the issue resolved immediately. These guys know their product!

The setup is wizard driven just like you would expect a Windows application to be. It is super simple and straightforward. The most complex part is interfacing with the external devices like if you have to analog gateways or the SIP providers. But 3cx does everything they can to help with that part, including templates for the most commonly used devices on the market.

Other Advice

3cx is supplied through channel partners so finding a partner that you can work well with is crucial.