3CX Review

What is most valuable?

Feature/Functionality matches up to any competitive solution.The fact that you have "Standard" or "Professional" as your purchasing options makes the decision simple.  And, when you choose one or the other, there are no other "Ala Carte" options. You get what you get. No "extras" that end up being tacked on at the end of the sales cycle. The 3CX Phone System system simply works. The "hybrid" capabilities between Analog, SIP and PRI/MPLS are a great way to introduce either redundancy, least cost call routing and to provide for future changes/expansion/growth.

How has it helped my organization?

We regularly find that the ease of use, combined with the feature functionality, the "intuitiveness" of the product and the cost of the solution often times "sells itself"

What needs improvement?

Would be great to see the ability to break office hours down beyond single days.  For example, we have clients that have standing meetings on Monday from 11:00a to 12:00p.

We have been implementing the 3CX Phone System for 7 Years now. We are the largest 3CX Partner in the Midwest and in 2015 reached the top partner level of Platinum.

We have never encountered deployment issues that were not resolved beyond the initial implementation or rollout time period.

The only time stability comes into question is when MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS are not met. There have been no issues with stability with the product itself when installed correctly.

We've had no issues with scalability.

We have found the ROI to be as little as a couple months, but typically no more than 22 months for most, if not all of our clients. Our clients average ROI is 9 months.

Buy what you need for the next few years. You do not want to limit yourself to what you need today, then need to upgrade the license count within a year or two. The upgrade path would suggest purchasing the upgrade up front will cost much less.  For example, a 16SC License can be purchased today, and to upgrade later to a 32SC License will cost the initial purchase of the 16SC License, AND 80% of the 32SC License.

What other advice do I have?

Version 15 Released July 1, 2016.

Ask us if it is right for you!

Kinetix

mwarmbier@kinetixinc.com

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Kinetix is a Platinum Partner, as well as an End User of the 3CX Phone System.
1 visitor found this review helpful
2 Comments
Michael WarmbierReal UserTOP 20LEADERBOARD

We continue to see 3CX pour in resources by way of Research, Development and Support to continue adding feature, functionality and security for the product. New versions arrive on a regular basis and always impress.
As an end-user of the system, I wouldn't consider anything else, it just works, it makes sense, it is feature rich and it friendly to use and administrate (and features are NOT sold by the "A La Carte" method, choose your version, you get 100% of that feature set! As a reseller, our partnership with 3CX has proven to be a huge success both internally as well as for our clients (who are most important).
I have to admit, early on, almost 10 years ago, when we first began working with the product and 3CX as a partner, we were skeptical. We have been pleasantly surprised and continue to have success at many levels.
Definitely worth considering!

Mike Warmbier
Kinetix
3CX Platinum Partner
mwarmbier@kinetixinc.com

10 January 17
pdonovan89107Real UserTOP 5LEADERBOARD

PRO: So far I am enjoying the version 15.5 running as a Debian Virtual Machine. Virtualization has allowed for redundant snapshots that allow us to rebuild in case of a failure within minutes.

CON: The new pricing models are confusing, not so much as what is advertised but what happens in the back end. If you register a FQDN using 3CX and you do not renew your yearly maintenance, you are shutoff. Doesn't sound FREE like the ads say. The frequency of new releases sound great. Who wouldn't want new stuff. How fast the version changes and the pressure of having to spend more money to keep current is something management is not thrilled about. When we had the Avaya Magix we updated once in 7 years that we paid for once. If my system works why do I have to upgrade? If it is a security issue, then it sounds like they should be fixing for free since they didn't write the code the right way the first time. I get the upgrade need but do not like the feed the beast mentality that if I don't I will be penalized and pay more later.

Our vendor Blue Marble Communications has been wonderful in supporting us but feel bad they are being pressured to sell us 3CX maintenance on top of their maintenance. What was once CAPEX is now CAPEX + OPEX. They recently came up with a program to role 3CX Maintenance into our monthly phone service from them which should appease the bean counters. I will update if we go that route.

13 July 17