3CX Review

It's built natively for and runs great on Windows 7/10/Server 2008/Server 2012.

What is most valuable?

Built natively for and runs great on Windows 7/10/Server 2008/Server 2012. Utilize SIP trunks for ISP failover scenarios - we have one customer that has a backup wireless link that fails over seamlessly. Very powerful queuing and call control options. Windows and Mobile softphone apps work great.

What needs improvement?

We would like to see continued improvements in the 3CX phone mobile apps, such as allowing for deletion of multiple voicemails, shared parking control, and disabling softphone mode. We would also like to see voicemail deletions sync between Exchange mailboxes and 3CX. Lastly, I'd like to see voicemail to text transcription.

We had no issues deploying it.

We have had no stability issues.

It's scaled to our needs without issue.

3CX technical support is top notch and the best of any vendor I've encountered so far. They are based out of Cypress but are always available during normal US business hours and actually answer the phone whenever I've called.

Also, user forums are active and they are constantly improving the software through end user Ideas.

We used Televantage which was years ahead of its time and also ran on Windows. However, they were purchased by Vertical and it hasn't been able to keep up in my humble opinion.

Very straightforward, with a simple menu driven installer and web based management console.

There are standard and pro editions, owned or monthly subscription licensing options, hosted or on-premise installation. This makes it super cost-effective.

We looked at Shoretel, Vertical, Mitel, NEC, and Asterisk. 3CX made the most sense for us and our small business customer base.

What other advice do I have?

Download and run the trial to try it out yourself on any Windows 7 Pro or better computer. You can use a SIP trunk for testing, which is super easy to setup from Flowroute, Vitelity, etc. 3CX is very flexible and almost anything can be accomplished with it.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We were the first 3CX Silver Certified Partner in New Mexico.