3CX Review

The ​Hot Desking and Call Queues are valuable features.

What is most valuable?

• Hot Desking
  • Call Queues
  • Wallboard
  • Call Metrics
  • Call Recording
  • Easy to maintain

How has it helped my organization?

The hot desking made it easier to use a smaller space with multiple shifts and then provide call metrics for all the agents belonging to the queue.

What needs improvement?

Major changes between versions cause features to move in the tree. The major releases come before any significant minor releases, causing you to upgrade and relearn. They went from version 12 to 15 so quickly that if you do not upgrade, you lose support. During one upgrade, we lost conferencing that took several months to add back in the new version. Also, with the 3CX website, when you use Google, it displays results without letting you know which version it applies to. There is nothing more frustrating then trying to find a solution and finding out the article is not for the version you are using. I wish they would catalog their knowledge base better.

I have used it for four years.

We have not encountered any deployment issues with the 3CX system, only with a client's existing wiring.

We have not encountered any stability issues; runs smooth on Win7 Pro 64bit i7 with 16GB RAM.

We have not encountered any scalability issues; scales just fine.

All of our customer service was through the 3CX vendor Blue Marble Communications. They were excellent throughout the entire process.

We did not need tech support, really, as the vendor handled the complex portions.

We previously used Avaya. I was familiar with Avaya Partner and Magix systems, and they served us well. The cost associated with purchasing and maintaining a Avaya system was significantly more.

The vendor handled initial setup and trained us on how to use; we, as the client's IT management handled the tweaking.

Blue Marble Communications was the vendor and also the service provider. I myself and the rest of the staff agree that they were extremely knowledgeable and knew how to translate what the client was saying into technical terms and vice versa.

The monthly savings on service alone pays for the system in 8 months or less. If you factor in time and manpower, along with the new features that helped productivity, I would value the ROI at less than 3 months.

Pricing for 3CX and phones are reasonable and much less than Avaya and Mitel.

On-premise was significantly less than a hosted solution by Vonage, Comcast or 8x8. We liked the fact of having the choice based upon the client use. I truly believe you have to evaluate the use case scenario, then choose the solution. This is the crucial part in working with the vendor and the client to determine the best ultimate outcome. Vendors have previous case study experience and can relate to the customer and offer insights from similar customers.

What other advice do I have?

We use this solution in our office and also recommend it to our IT managed customers when the time comes. I really enjoy using the same system for different scenarios. It helps me understand what it can do. Sometimes a client needs a solution that afterwards we use in house, too. Overall, it is a fun system to play with.

1 visitor found this review helpful
1 Comment
pdonovan89107Real UserTOP 5LEADERBOARD

Update to my original review. For some reason hot desking disappeared in v15 but returned in v15.5 sp2. Now the hotdesking is native and in my opinion easier to setup.

14 December 17