3CX Review

Painless solution which has helped us reduce our email marketing expense

What is our primary use case?

We wanted a system which should be flexible enough to allow employees to work from home, with minimal IT hardware investment and complete access to unified communications features.

3CX has met all of our requirements.

How has it helped my organization?

This product has helped us reduce our email marketing expense. Plus, it created new avenues for our customers to interact with us using custom IVRs and Zoho CRM integration.

What is most valuable?

Mobility: Our employees can connect from any part of the world to the office local network. Communication is completely encrypted. Also, the contact center folks love its ease of use, plus it gives us the ability to script additional solutions, such as business intelligence and automated call/email campaigns.

What needs improvement?

Features in 3CX can be used programmatically as well using call control APIs. As such, I cannot pinpoint a particular area.

Three to five years.

We have used this system on Windows 7, Windows 2012 R2, and now on Linux Debian. This is a very stable software.

We have more than 100 employees and the system is running very well. It allows us to create unlimited extensions and user accounts.

A nine out of ten.

Asterisk. It did not scale well for us. Frequent downtime created lot of trouble, especially when the system received more than 20 concurrent calls.

Very straightforward.

This solution has also saved money for us because other solutions charge per user seat. We have recovered almost 75% of the investment in two years.

The license is easy to understand just based on concurrent calls. Other features are inclusive of the license.

We evaluated Cisco and ShoreTel.

What other advice do I have?

It is simple to provision, yet has great features. Our support effort has reduced by almost 80%.

Painless solution worth every cent. This system lets you get creative with how you want the customers to interact with your organization.