3CX Review

Remote Extension Functionality, CRM Integration, And Call Reports Help Business Management

What is most valuable?

My company has been dealing with 3CX phone system resale and installation for the last two years. 3CX has assisted us with Remote Extension functionality, and with CRM integration; we have it programmed to be integrated with the rest of our systems for better management. Additionally, the call reports help.

How has it helped my organization?

One example would be when technicians are out to a service call and a customer calls in asking for them. The receptionist can transfer the call to his remote extension.

Another example is the integration. An incoming call to the tech department automatically opens a new case in our CRM for the technician to log the issue. It's similar to the sales department when a new lead opens up for the sales person to log (and later on follow up customer requirements).

What needs improvement?

We have asked for various improvements to complete some of our customers' requirements, like a robo-dialer, and the integration of a Voice Application Designer within the professional editions of 3CX. We have been informed that they are being prepared in upcoming releases of the system.

As a company that resells 3CX phone systems, the only issues we had with stability of the systems were with the hardware. When a customer provides us with old hardware to install the 3CX system on, issues sometimes occur which are solved with replacing the computer with a modern one.

We have never had any scalability issues.

The level of 3CX technical support is excellent. Every problem has always been solved.

We where reselling other appliance-based IP PBXs in the past, like Grandstream Networks, etc. The reason we switched is due to a much easier and straightforward installation, more stability, and many many more features available to the end customer, when compared to other PBX systems.

The initial installation is always very straightforward. The system guides you to create your PBX and your extensions with ease. To implement the advanced features, 3CX has online videos. Anyone with an IT background can set up these features after watching them.

Prior to a customer purchasing a 3CX phone system, I would advise that they have a general idea of how many concurrent calls they will need, and what kind of third-party application integrations they will need.

Before switching to a software-based PBX, we evaluated Asterisk. But the fact that many features need to be purchased separately, and the complexity involved in customising each installation, pushed us to proceed with 3CX as our preferred PBX solution.

What other advice do I have?

3CX is a software-based PBX which can cover every company's needs. It offers versions ranging from a free PBX edition with basic functionality to the Enterprise Edition which offers third-party application integration, a secondary redundant server in case you primary server fails, call groups, queues, detailed reports, and more. Between these two versions are the Standard and Pro Editions. My suggestion would be to contact a 3CX reseller in your area to help you analyse your needs and find the best solution for you.

1 visitor found this review helpful
1 Comment
pdonovan89107Real UserTOP 5LEADERBOARD

We have a client that lives and breathes on reports and recordings. He switched laptops once and did have his autosaved password. He said that was the worst day as if someone cut off an appendage.

14 December 17