Accedian Skylight Review

End-to-end performance monitoring improves our troubleshooting capability

What is our primary use case?

We are looking into systems that will provide users with end-to-end application and network performance monitoring in real-time. Media and broadcasting place quite high demands and, consequently, the ability to know exactly what's going on is key to success.

How has it helped my organization?

We're still in the research stage. We are looking to test performance management systems on a standalone network, which we will load with real-world traffic. We will conduct these tests this year. It's yet to go live, but testing has been very positive.

What is most valuable?

Media and broadcasting place quite high demands on resources and the key to success is knowing exactly what is going on. The ability to measure performance end-to-end across the cloud data center allows us to take corrective action to keep our channels online.

What needs improvement?

This solution is expensive compared to some others.

We have been evaluating this solution for about a month.

The stability of this solution is good.

Scalability of this solution seems to be generally good.

We did not use another solution prior to this one.

We enlisted help to assist our in-house team with the implementation.

We have yet to develop a business case, so ROI is not a primary consideration.

We understand there's a significant cost difference, but have yet to investigate fully.

We're in the process of evaluating and have not chosen a solution yet.

What other advice do I have?

The scale we are dealing with exceeds the capability of most performance management tools, so we're keen on seeing systems that scale to support the millions of people who consume BBC media.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: we're researching performance management with a view to improve current systems