AccessData FTK Review

A user-friendly forensic toolkit with many valuable features

What is our primary use case?

We use AccessData FTK for the collection and preservation of detailed evidence.

What is most valuable?

I like all the features. All of the features are most valuable because we're able to recover hard disks. It's also user-friendly.

What needs improvement?

I think processing could be better. It really takes a lot of space, and it's very expensive to deploy. It needs a lot of resources. I also think if it can be cheaper. We can use more, but we don't right now because it's expensive. Maybe in the future, it can also extract data from mobile phones.

I have 11 years of experience working with AccessData FTK.

AccessData FTK is very stable.

We have three of them. We have FTK, we have EnCase, and X-Ways. We're using all of them at the same time. X-Ways is much cheaper. EnCase comes next. FTK is expensive and needs more resources. X-Ways has better resources, and while you're busy, you can track your analysis.

Because we're working for a law enforcement organization, we travel a lot of the time. We can send one of our people to install it and use their laptop. It's not centrally fixed somewhere. Every one of us has it on his or her laptop.

We pay for the license annually. AccessData FTK is too expensive compared to EnCase. We have limited licenses for it. I think we have five licenses for organizations that cover 40 people, and most of us are using EnCase at the office because it's not expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I would tell others interested in implementing this solution that it's a good product.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give AccessData FTK an eight.

5.6
Find out what your peers are saying about AccessData Group, OpenText, Nuix and others in eDiscovery. Updated: April 2021.
475,705 professionals have used our research since 2012.