accessiBe Review

Handles our ADA compliance by making our websites accessible to disabled users

What is our primary use case?

It is used to make our websites compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Our whole goal is to be compliant.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution is fully ADA compliant. This is important to our company because if you're not ADA compliant, and somebody complains, then you are in violation of the law.

The ADA is a law, and websites are supposed to comply with the law. This product has an easy installation and handles all of the ADA compliance. It helps us comply with all the ADA requirements.

Within ADA guidelines, accessiBe enables a user to further tweak the way content is presented on our sites.

What is most valuable?

ADA compliance laws are actually really complicated. When you subscribe to accessiBe's service, they basically handle everything. This saves us a ton of time, because to do it manually would cost a small fortune.

It automatically appears for those who need it.

On the user side, they don't see the product unless they're accessing the website with some type of device that automatically identifies itself. For example, if you were blind and went to a website with accessiBe on it, then it would automatically identify itself and work with your screen reader to read the text off the screen. If you are connecting with some type of device that you use for a disability, then it automatically knows.

The solution’s Accessibility Statement button helps our organization by making us compliant with the laws, and also for people who have disabilities to access websites.

What needs improvement?

The default installation puts the accessiBe icon on the lower right side of the screen, but a lot of products tend to default install to that location. So, on my website, I had to use the code editor to choose a different location (which was not difficult), but it added a few more minutes to the installation. Maybe the product could ask where you would like the accessiBe icon before it generates the code.

About a year.

I have had no issues with it at all.

This solution does not require maintenance from us.

We have had to ask them questions about how things work. Their tech support is excellent.

This is the only solution that I have used.

The initial setup takes seconds to do.

Creating accessibility through manual coding would takes months. Whereas, within a day using accessiBe, our website was accessible to people with disabilities. This does depend on the size of the site. If it's a small website, it would be pretty much instant. However, if it's a really large website, then it takes some time to go through and learn everything.

We did not need to change the layout of our website or hire a web designer when using this solution, because everything is done automatically.

You don't need to hire anybody to use it. The way that their product works is you install the code into the website source code. Then, their system goes through your entire website and learns it, creating the proper templates.

You really just install it, then it goes through and does everything by itself, which is cool.

It is pretty simplistic in the sense that it makes us compliant with the law. To be compliant with the ADA laws, doing it manually, is a huge investment of time. Their product goes through your website using automated intelligence, doing everything that it needs to, without having a human have to do it. So, it's a really cool product.

I have friends who were getting threatened by a law firm, and it was a pretty large threat. So, if it prevents that, then it's worth it.

It is priced well. I don't have any issues with it. I think it's affordable.

I did other vendors, but I couldn't find anything that was as simple and easy to use as this solution, so I chose this one.

What other advice do I have?

Seriously consider this solution. There are law firms who patrol the Internet looking to sue you. It is sad. It's not the actual disabled users who are out there suing you. It's the law firms.

It is not a product that you use to purposely increase sales or make a better user experience. It is really just for disabled, visually-impaired, and hearing-impaired users to use your website. It is a very small subset of people.

If you have a letter of compliance when you install this product, it makes everything compliant. So, you're no longer out of compliance if you get sued.

I would rate this solution as 10 out of 10. For what it is designed to do, it is perfect.

SaaS
Learn what your peers think about accessiBe. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
455,962 professionals have used our research since 2012.