AccuRev Review

Excellent for Business Process Testing with good scalability and an easy setup

How has it helped my organization?

The automation has been the biggest organizational improvement.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the BPT, the Business Process Testing.

What needs improvement?

The stability could be improved. It has some minor defects.

The biggest issue with this product is not actually the product itself, but the lack of knowledge of customers regarding what they could do with this solution. Customers need to learn about risk assessment and impact matters, etc. Without the clients understanding how to use the solution, the solution itself will not be useful.

What I'm missing from the solution is a repository for the code. Something like Git, for example. Some sort of depository for the code that is embedded.

I've been working with the solution for 16-17 years.

The solution is 98% stable. It's okay, but there are places where it could be improved.

The solution is 100% scalable. It's much more scalable than the customer's capacity for implementing it. We do plan to increase usage ourselves.

Technical support is good. On a scale of one to ten, I would give them eight. For simple questions, they are quite responsive. They're very, very fast. For more difficult and technical problems they seem to delay their response. It takes them time to research an answer if it's technical. Sometimes we come up with a solution before they give us an answer.

We didn't use a different solution previously.

The initial setup is very easy. We have customers that implement it themselves. It's not complicated. Deployment takes about one day, maximum.

Ideally, we handle the implementation for our customers.

The license is very straightforward. There aren't any other add-ons. We have a permanent license.

We evaluated many options. We chose AccuRev because of the complexity. We can do anything on it.

What other advice do I have?

We typically deal with on-premises deployment models.

I would advise customers to understand the underlying concepts so that they are able to better understand how to use the solution.

I would rate the solution ten out of ten.

2 Comments
DavidShephardVendor

Thank you for the fantastic review. I will inform product management of your concerns around user knowledge and the desire to have a code repository. FYI - There are some education videos hosted at: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8yfmcqTN8GHQDLuP-s-1rLtiougdk3ZT

12 September 19
James O'RourkeVendor

As David mentions, this is a great review and many thanks for taking the time to write it. We have done a lot with Git recently. If you aren't aware, we now have a native Git Client. For end users who prefer to stay within Git, they now have the ability to do so 100%. There is no additional software to be installed or additional configuration. Nor is there a separate license needed for this. We'll also be releasing a new Git Proxy which will allow AccuRev to talk to a Git repo. If you'd like to hear more, please reach out to me at james.orourke@microfocus.com and we can setup a session to show you how it works. Thank you again! - Jimmy

17 September 19