Acronis Backup Cloud Review

Centralized device management, automatic backup schedule, and good technical support

What is our primary use case?

I am a managed service provider and we provide this solution to small and medium-sized companies for backing up their data.

The client will have local backup copies on their premises, and a backup copy of that in the cloud. At times, the clients will back up their data directly to the cloud from their end devices. The small companies prefer to do this without having a local installation of Acronis.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the automated backup, and that you are able to manage all of your devices centrally. You are able to create a different account for the different clients so that everyone is backing up on the same server in their own environment.

What needs improvement?

I would like to have support for agentless backup, where you don't have to install an agent on the host.

I have been selling Acronis Backup Cloud for six months.

Scalability is good because there are no limits as to the number of agents you can have backing up data. Our clients are small and medium-sized companies with an average of 40 users.

Technical support is good. They are quite responsive and they are able to guide you when you have any technical issues.

Prior to Acronis, I used to use Cobian Backup. It had a final release several years ago.

Cobian did not have a lot of features. For example, it didn't have those related to cloud-based backups or knowledge of federated accounts.

The initial setup is not complex. I would say that it is quite easy and simple to do.

If you are setting up a cloud backup then the clients can be backing up their data within minutes, or perhaps within an hour. The speed at which the initial backup completes is dependent on the bandwidth that they have available, but in terms of getting it up and running, it can be done within an hour.

What other advice do I have?

Private Cloud