Acronis Backup Cloud Review

The agent, which is installed on the system, can do Quality of Service

What is our primary use case?

Basically running backup plans for servers (daily basis), workstations (managers) and Office 365 (inbox).

How has it helped my organization?

I am from Perú, and IT departments are not very advanced here. Basically, it is way better than whatever we are used to using, tapes, etc.

What is most valuable?

I would say compression, which was about 95% on the databases. The fact that the agent, which is installed on the system, can do Quality of Service. Therefore, I do not need to touch my firewall, especially when it is managed by the provider and takes ages to do a single NAT. I would only imagine how long will it take for them to do a QoS rule.

What needs improvement?

The logs could be better. Logs through the website are just too simple and basic.

For you to actually see the full logs, you have to use additional tools or even contact support so they can pull them with own tools.

Probably the connectivity between the agent to the cloud console, because for some reason, sometimes I need to refresh.

No issues.

It is good. Basically, they can do the whole deployment, you just need to provide them remote access.

I personally have used corporate solutions, such as Dropbox, Veritas, and Veeam. Veeam is good as well.

The only complicated part was talking to my FortiGate provider to allow the ports.

I have been using pay as you go with Acronis, so the price is good.

I personally evaluated Dropbox, Veritas, and Veeam. Veeam is good as well.

What other advice do I have?

Make sure to set the download for the right client. Acronis has multiples, especially for the SQL.