Acronis Backup Cloud Review

Easy to implement but technical support is not good and the pricing model is poor

What is our primary use case?

In general, the solution is primarily used to externalize backups. Most customers don't want to take an active part in the maintenance or verifying of everything daily, so they revert the backup process to us and we use the solution to ensure it's happening regularly and properly.

What is most valuable?

The ease of implementation is the solution's most valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

With the previous version, it was possible when having a cloud solution, to back up the data on-premises. Now it is no longer possible, and I don't really know why. When we have the cloud subscription we have to pay to have on-premises capabilities. That is not really ideal for customers.

To make the solution better, the pricing should be a big consideration. When I'm talking about pricing, I'm addressing specifically the African market. Most of the time pricing causes our customers to back away.

Technical support needs improvement. They are too slow to respond, and when it comes to backups, it's critical to deal with issues quickly.

We have some bugs, but the solution is stable. Even if the support part of the solution is a weak point because I find that the support is not really reactive. We had some bugs, but on average, it is stable.

The solution is scalable but the pricing model is not good for my point of view. If we integrate the pricing part with the scalability capabilities, it is not really great for us. We are trying to figure out if this problem is due to the partner we are working with or something else.

Technical support isn't great. Out of five, I'd rate them at two.

Most of the time when we contact technical support, they take a long time to respond and give us an answer. Time is money. We cannot afford to wait so long when there's a problem. When there's a problem with backup, it means that we are at risk, and we need to sort it out rapidly.

We previously used Veeam Cloud Connect. We still use it for some customers. The customer decides which solutions they choose to use and we, as integrators, implement it for them.

The initial setup is straightforward. It's very easy.

The amount of time deployment takes depends on how the architecture was designed previously. It depends on the studies, etc., which are supposed to be taken into consideration before the implementation. If everything has been sized and studied well, implementation, depending on the size of the existing infrastructure, could take from a few hours to many days. In summary, it really depends on the size of the company, the workload which should be taken into consideration, and how the study has been put in place before starting the implementation.

You only need one person for deployment and maintenance.

We handled the implementation ourselves.

The pricing depends on the customer. Most of the time, the first year is prepaid. After that year, some customers choose to switch to monthly billing, while others continue to pay yearly. There are extra costs as well, for example, for technical support.

What other advice do I have?

I've been using the solution for two years. We're an integrator and we deploy the solution for our customers who typically use the cloud deployment model.

It would not be the first solution I would direct a customer to, but this solution has many impressing features.

In our market, technically the solution is good, but we also have to look at the ecosystem, the pricing policy, and such things. I would tell customers to watch out, to pay attention to the pricing model and prepare for it in their budget before moving to this solution. If this fits the customer's budget, they can go ahead. Technically, the solution will fit their needs. However, the way the solution prices on-premises versus cloud deployment models, if a customer wants both, they really need to pay attention to how the pricing will be calculated.

I'd rate the solution six out of ten. Technically, the product is good, but the pricing and technical support are not ideal.

More Acronis Backup Cloud reviews from users