Acronis Backup Review

A web-based interface that is stable and easy to use, but error messages need to be more clear

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and Acronis Backup is one of the products that we implement for our clients. We have one management server, 20 servers with agents, and between 15 and 20 workstations that we take regular backups of. All of these backups are stored on tape.

What is most valuable?

The web-based interface makes it easy to use.

The popularity of the product means that many people are familiar with it, which is helpful. For example, the company that supplies our hardware also deals with Acronis.

What needs improvement?

One of my clients is using version 11.7, which I feel has quite a few bugs and is not easy to work with. I always recommend that my clients upgrade to version 12.5. It is much more stable and better than the older version.

When an error occurs, the information is not always easy to understand and these messages should be made more clear. Because our system is not connected to the internet, we cannot use the incorporated links to the knowledge base.

I have been dealing with Acronis Backup for about six years.

We had some problems in the beginning when it came to getting all of our clients running the way we wanted, but once you get it implemented properly, it is quite stable. For the past few years, it has been running without a problem.

Our installation base is not very large, at 20 servers, and 15 to 20 workstations, although I have also worked with the virtual hosts and virtual machines. From what I have seen, the scalability has been very good. The majority of our clients are medium-sized businesses.

I have been in touch with technical support and the last time, at least, was very good. We did get put in contact with a very good person who was able to help us. However, I know that my colleague had some problems a few years ago, so it might depend on who you get for support. Also, if you escalate the ticket to level two or level three support then it will be good.

The initial setup is quite straightforward. My colleague handled the implementation and from what I could see, it was quite fast and there were no issues. On person is suitable for deployment.

Before one of my recent clients choose Acronis Backup, I was looking to see if there any other products that were preferable. However, my client ultimately preferred Acronis.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is considering this solution is that they are a well-known product, and you can find a lot of information about it online if you search the knowledge base and forums. There are a lot of people who have a lot of experience with it. In fact, the biggest lesson that I have learned from using it is that if I run into problems then I can find answers by searching the internet.

Acronis Backup is the kind of product that is quite easy to get started with, as it is pretty straightforward. The user interface is easy to understand, except for the trouble we have when it comes to reading the error messages.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

More Acronis Backup reviews from users