Acronis Backup Review

Works in the background and lets me easily recover from accidental file deletions or other errors

What is our primary use case?

I use the basic Acronis solution to back up all of my drives. I have a desktop and a laptop, with several hard drives attached to them.

How has it helped my organization?

In difficult situations, where something was accidentally erased or there was another kind of error, I can return to the latest backup and recover. For me, it's been very successful and very effective.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the fact that it backs up my systems transparently in the background, and I'm not even conscious of it. I just get a notice that it's successfully backed up.

What needs improvement?

When I first started using Acronis, I found it a little bit confusing when it came to the configuration.

Sometimes I have a problem where my settings need to be reset. However, I have been using it for so long that I know what I have to do it fix them.

I have been using Acronis for between three and four years.

This is a stable solution, other than the occasional problem that I have with needing to reset the settings.

Technical support is excellent. When I needed help, in the beginning, they did it with a remote connection. They were able to log into my system, take care of the problem, and explain what they did.

I have been in contact with them from time to time and they are still excellent.

I needed help from technical support in the beginning when I first started working with it.

The cost of updates is less than $100 USD yearly. If you don't update it then there are no additional charges.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is implementing Acronis is to contact support if they have any trouble. I would definitely recommend them. As it is now, this is a product that I am satisfied with the way it is, and I cannot think of any additional features that I would need.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

More Acronis Backup reviews from users