Acronis Backup Review

Good security, user friendly, and simple buying options and deployments

What is most valuable?

It has simple buying options and deployments. You can buy on-cloud, on-premises, or hybrid solutions. Acronis Backup is very easy to deploy. It also does not consume much hardware. The administrator's tasks are very simple.

It is very user friendly, and it also has good security features with low-level encryption and data encryption.

What needs improvement?

They can include something called a backup appliance. Although Acronis is a software-driven company, it would be good for customers to have some kind of backup appliance on top of a lightweight operating system. This will also reduce the cost. Currently, the customers have to buy the hardware in addition to the operating system, which increases the overhead in terms of procurement.

We have started selling Acronis solutions six or seven months ago.

It is stable and scalable. We have not had any complaints from the customers.

I am yet to explore it in terms of scalability in the enterprise environment. It is mostly being used in small companies.

I have not yet contacted them.

It is quite simple to deploy. I have my own team for its maintenance. There are four or five qualified engineers.

It is very cost-effective for the SMB segment, especially for start-ups and smaller environments. It is cost-effective for on-premises and on-cloud deployments in such environments.

What other advice do I have?

We have recently started to sell Acronis solutions. We have been helping customers to understand what Acronis is all about. We give demos to our customers, and customers are quite happy with the demo and cost of Acronis. Overall, it is a good product.

I would recommend this solution for smaller environments. It is mostly being used in small companies. Enterprise customers also usually use it for small projects. I haven't explored it for customers with a really big environment. For big enterprise customers, there are other solutions, like Veritas NetBackup, that provide scalability and support for big infrastructures.

I would rate Acronis Backup an eight out of ten.

More Acronis Backup reviews from users
...who work at a Government
...who compared it with Veritas Backup Exec
Learn what your peers think about Acronis Backup. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
512,221 professionals have used our research since 2012.