Acronis Backup Review

True Image should be an industry standard

Valuable Features:

I've used Norton Ghost before, but switched to True Image almost 4 years ago and never looked back. True Image has a slew of enterprise and end-user features and the interface is both easy to use and simple to understand. I can schedule backups over the network to my dedicated file server or to local machines, and even restore from the network drives!

Room for Improvement:

I can't think of a single one. Maybe it would be better if it was a bit cheaper, but good software is worth every penny.

Other Advice:

I exclusively use Acronis True Image for my Windows backup needs, both in the enterprise and at home. I haven't found a better solution that allows me to interact with a server and schedule automated backups over the network.
1 visitor found this review helpful
1 Comment
Database Manager at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employeesConsultant

Acronis Backup and Recovery and True Image are two different tools. True Image is used for home computers. It protects your personal computer from hardware and software failure by backing it up. Whereas Acronis Backup and Recovery is a business oriented tool, designed for business purposes. It provides features like Active restore and VSS support.

12 February 13