1) One of the best data backup and recovery software out there in the market.
2) Can be configured to make complete backups as per a scheduled time frame.
3) Can create a disk image to a complete disk and the same can be used to restore to a fresh hard disk.
4) Various options like incremental backup, full backup, differential backup, etc. make the product highly useful.
5) Supports popular Operating System platforms like Windows & Linux.
6) Provides a sector-by-sector disk image creation facility.
7) Disk images can be mounted to read data.
8) Allows data synchronization between two PCs running Acronis Backup and Recovery.
Room for Improvement:
1) Installation is a lengthy process and consumes a lot of disk space.
2) Data backup time is comparatively higher than other similar products out there in the market.
3) The UI is not very user friendly and first time users will definitely struggle to get through.
4) PC to PC synchronization feature requires the end user to login using their Acronis accounts. This slows down the overall synchronization process.
5) Decrypting the data before reading from disk image slows down the overall process of data recovery.
6) There are many products in the market, which do similar things at a cheaper rate.
One of the best data recovery tools available in the market. However, the installation consumes a lot disk space(1GB+), which results in slower system performance. It also lacks a Virus Scanning facility. Note that systems with Extensible Firmware Interface (EFI) are not currently supported. It supports network based data backup and recovery, however network recovery quite often crashes the application.
Disclosure: I am a real user, and this review is based on my own experience and opinions.
Jul 16 2012