Acronis Backup Review

Good product however it's difficult to use on Linux.

Valuable Features

Imaging operating systems and restoring on different hardware.

Improvements to My Organization

This product gave us two major features :

1. Imaging allowed us to create clones from the production server with ultimate speed.
  2. Protection against server failures with ability to restore on different hardware.

Room for Improvement

The application Linux interface and the error reporting as it's very ambiguous

Use of Solution

3 Years

No, deployment is not that complicated.

Yes, especially in the restore, a simple update for the software messed up the whole setup.

No, with proper licensing no issues.

On a scale from 1-5 (1=worst, 5=best), they are 2. The customer service we receive is from Acronis's partner in Saudi Arabia.

On a scale from 1-5 (1=worst, 5=best), they are 2. They don't have a free toll number, their web based case support wasn't good and most annoying every time you I had to call I have to go through the first line of support and answer the same questions and apply the same procedure.

We already having another solution which produces the same result for Windows. But, for Linux this software was the only one we knew about that supported the version of OS we had.

Yes, straight forward with clear instructions.

Implementation Team

In-house team.

ROI

Protection of the production environment.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

Excluding the licensing fees, we used a virtual server to install the management console and agents didn't require that much of resource so we didn't need to upgrade any specs on the protected systems. Also, the images were stored on already existing storage. So, basically except the man hours spent on working with software there were no real investment in the setup.

Other Solutions Considered

No, because of OS compatibility it was the only one we knew about.

Other Advice

The product is good but using it on Linux is a bit difficult.

I would recommend it to any company that wants to implement a low cost solution.