Acronis Backup Review

It takes long to backup data using Acronis and Acronis doesn't really help much when it becomes complex.

What is most valuable?

I prefer the features of cloning hard-disk to hard-disk. Also I like the backup function in the old version of Acronis which is more friendly than the new one which is more complicated and unfriendly to use.

How has it helped my organization?

Acronis helps to backup data on a server and also to manage some cloning from 1 PC to another using the method. Normally I use Norton Ghost to do the clone however since I used the Acronis true image 2013 I found it to be very useful and not time consuming.

What needs improvement?

It takes a long to backup data using Acronis backup and recovery v11 and I found Acronis support not really helpful as they always suggest to update the software instead of solving the issue with the current version. I would prefer if Acronis would look into their old version and try to enhance it, rather than use new functions on the new version, I would rather stick with the older version.

3 years.

6 out 10

6 out 10

Yes because I am looking for something easier to use and time conservation is very important in any organization re: backup.

The initial setup is straightforward however some companies prefer to do customization, which makes it complex and Acronis does not really help much when it becomes complex, especially for backup into the storage or NAS.

In-house and vendor team (about 3 out 10).

5 years.

Original setup is costly and for some companies, they will think whether they should implement using Acronis or not.

What other advice do I have?

I think you need to look into business requirement especially when implementing the backup system and make sure the backup software that you buy is 100% fully capable and 100% fully supportive.