Acronis Backup Review

I ​can make a complete image of an operating system and its applications.

Valuable Features

I can make a complete image of an operating system and its applications, then reduce the time to resolve a trouble, or deploy it again to another Windows system on the same or a different piece of hardware.

Improvements to My Organization

The deployment of operating systems to new or repaired systems is much faster than before. The strongest enhancement for us is that we have sped up our response to our users.

Room for Improvement

Adding a physical storage appliance would be very good, as would the placement of massive HDD to generate the boot CD. It would nice if it was more accessible and enlarging the option to not have an agent such as on hypervisors, VMware, and others. This would mean we could avoid installing an agent on the virtual machines.

Use of Solution

I used the Advanced Server and VMware Server for around two years, and Advanced Workstation for one year.

When we would perform a restore and inject the drivers, sometimes the OS would restart.

The stability could be compromised if there's no program or scheduling of Windows updates. Without these, you may generate poor or incorrect Acronis system.

No issues encountered.

It's very good.

It's very good.

We upgraded from Acronis 7 as we upgraded the systems from Windows 2000 and XP to Windows 7 and Server 2008.

It was straightforward as the the admin control was easy to understand when performing the install.

Implementation Team

I performed the install myself.

ROI

I have been able to recover all my costs associated with the installation.

Other Solutions Considered

• Veritas
  • Arcserve

Other Advice

It's not complex but it is necessary that IT or the user has definite idea of what they want from backup system.

1 visitor found this review helpful