Acronis Backup Review

We use it to backup images and files.

What is most valuable?

• We can connect to the Acronis Cloud
  • The console is user-friendly
  • You can backup image and files
  • The domain controllers are very effective

How has it helped my organization?

I have major clients who use this solution: A university, a bank, and one mid-size client. Recently, I needed to recover all of the accounting data on the database. All of their networks were infected with Ransomware. Fortunately, all of their backups were up to date and the recovery went OK. Part of what helped me optimize the storage space was deduplication, encryption, and compression.

What needs improvement?

The online support fluctuates between being very fast or very slow.

I have been using this solution for seven years.

There were no deployment issues when deploying with Microsoft. But it was not as fast when deploying with Oracle.

There were some scalability issues. When using the Oracle database, the transfer rate to SAN with optical fiber channels was very slow. It doesn't matter than we were only backing up files.

Customer service can open a ticket for you, but it could be several days before you hear back from them.

I did not use a previous solution.

It is important that you don't only consider the price. Being able to retrieve missing DB or AD data is much more important than the price.

What other advice do I have?

I have a YouTube channel with many videos that can help you.