Acronis Backup Review

The interface is easy to understand and consistent across applications.

How has it helped my organization?

I use the same backup software provider across all my clients. This means I only have to stay on top of manage interface and workflow. In that aspect, it's reliable.

What is most valuable?

Consistency and reliability. The interface is easy to understand and consistent across applications. While not 100%, it is a very reliable backup solution.

[Click Here for FREE Trial of Acronis Backup. See Why It Gets 5-Star Reviews.]

It makes a full image of the hard drive. If a hard drive fails, all we do is recover to another hard drive. We just pop in the hard drive and that's very fast as well. Speed and the ease in which we recover full hard drives are valuable features.

What needs improvement?

I needed tech support to straighten out an issue with cloud backup. I have troubleshooting to do with failed backups.

[Click Here for FREE Trial of Acronis Backup. See Why It Gets 5-Star Reviews.]

There were no stability issues.

There were no scalability issues, although my biggest client has a relatively small-scale backup system.

I would give technical support a rating of 8/10. They are very good, quick to access, quick for remote to server, and quick to troubleshoot. Sometimes they are a little slow in understanding the exact issue, but they eventually get it and resolve it.

We used Symantec. We switched because they had a bad user interface and it was very difficult to use. I left Symantec years ago for Acronis. The only other backup I encountered was the one included with Windows Server OS.

The initial setup was somewhat straightforward.

Pricing is what it is. I don't shop around once I find a good solution. I insist they maintain ongoing support year after year for updates and tech support.

We did not evaluate other options.

What other advice do I have?

Go for it!