Acronis Backup Review

​Universal restore has made moving systems to dissimilar hardware less difficult.​

What is most valuable?

Mounting .tibs, Live Boot Restore, and Universal Restore:

• Being able to open and mount .tib images allows for easy restoring of files.
  • Live boot DVD allows for easy restore of entire system in a catastrophic hard drive failure without having to rebuild OS from scratch and then installing programs and restoring data. (I highly recommend performing at least one test restore to a hard drive of similar size, to the boot drive being imaged, to be sure images can be restored successfully).
  • Universal Restore allows for moving of systems to new and dissimilar computer hardware. All are valuable and reliable with Acronis Backup 11.7.50220.

How has it helped my organization?

Universal Restore has made moving systems to dissimilar hardware less difficult.

What needs improvement?

Live thumb drive boot process does not work well and support for it is lacking.

Support for issues other than the bootable thumb drive issue have been good.

I used Backup Exec and Ghost. I liked the imaging aspect of Ghost, but found Acronis Backup got much better over the years.

Setup is fairly straightforward.

The licensing cost for Acronis Backup Workstation is fair.

I have not used other products since moving to Acronis Backup.

What other advice do I have?

For businesses that collect customer data, I would not use a cloud solution. Images that can be synced to an external hard drive that can be stored offsite is the only solution I recommend.