Acronis Backup Review

The ability to restore on a brand-new, bare bones, different mother board-type of computer. A total different build.

How has it helped my organization?

Acronis Backup and Recovery with universal restore allowed me to get back online again. Had I not had that, my business would have probably have tanked. It literally saved my skin.

What is most valuable?

I would definitely say the backup and recovery. It used to be a separate module. It was a recovery part and it would literally duplicate the machine to bare bones.

What needs improvement?

I really can't suggest any room for improvement to be honest.

Any questions I might have, I call support which I am assuming is in India. But the support's been fantastic, they've been extremely helpful. I really don't have anything but praise. I've told people about the products.

I don't think I've ever experienced stability issues. If there was any issue at all it was just due to user error. Or maybe just not knowing. But I hear there's a new interface. I just downloaded the brand new version, but I haven't installed it yet. I just have it in case I need to have it.

Seems fine to me as far as scalability, I think it's got everything it already needs in it.

The support is outstanding. It's around $15 a year to renew a license for support. I would recommend that others have it because in the event that your computer blows up, the motherboard blows up, you can always rebuild a brand-new computer and have it be the exact same configuration.

No, this was our first.

I called support about the setup. I called support a couple times because (I think it was) my memory faded. It was straightforward after that.

I would say that at the pricepoint that it's at, it's definitely worth the money.

The reason I got Acronis was really for it's universal restore. The ability to restore on a brand new, bare bones, different mother board-type of computer. A total different build. That was my main reason for getting it, which so far has been great, because I've done it two, three times already.

The other backup type is file back, which is where I used Seagate. Seagate has backup software that backs up any files that are changed, that have new time stamps on them. So that's the only other type of backup I had, but that has nothing to do with bare-bones, which is what Acronis is mainly for.