Acronis Backup Review

Valuable Features

I've reimaged servers and been back up and running in exactly no time with the completely new hardware.

The Universal Restore allows you to reimage a computer without having to have all the drivers. It allows you to boot the machine; once you get the machine up and running, then you can install the drivers.

Click Here For a Free 30-Day Fully Functional Trial of Acronis Backup v12.5

Room for Improvement

It doesn't seem to do the following on the server but it does so on the work station: It does not delete locked files. So I created a small batch file that, after the backup, I go in and I run. That deletes all the extraneous lock files. I tried running the batch file automated but it would not run for some reason.

I keep five months of full images of the server. And my work station, I keep three copies, three months' worth. And I backup my data separately. All the data is on a server and nothing is on the computer.

I backup data daily, five copies of it. Every five days, I overwrite the first one. So I've got five days of data, and three days of images and of the workstation, and five copies of the server image. I do it automated every month and I've never had a problem.

I've used all of them. I've used Norton Ghost, and years and years ago something called FastBack. Norton Ghost is really the only other one, but my experience is there are more problems with using it than Acronis.

Very simple. I can create a backup program in just in minutes because I know the program so well. It is very easy to set up if you know anything about computers, and even if you're not familiar with computers.

It takes me no time at all and the backup procedure is pretty much straightforward, depending on how complicated your system is.

I'm using the pro version. Personally, I think that the home version is more complicated to set up than the professional version, for some reason. You would think it would be the other way around.

Click Here For a Free 30-Day Fully Functional Trial of Acronis Backup v12.5

Other Advice

Buy it. Simple. It's the best backup. I've used it to restore a number of machines without any trouble at all. It's very simple with a hard drive. It makes it much easier if you have a complete new system.