Acronis Backup Review
Version 12.5 is much more sophisticated than 11.7, more efficient, and protects from ransomware

Valuable Features

Version 11.7 was good, but 12.5 is much more sophisticated. It does a lot of things that 11.7 didn't do, like protecting from ransomware. The structure and the organization of it is better than 11.7. In terms of backups, it works more efficiently. It takes less time to do the backups than 11.7 did, and a whole lot less time. From my perspective, it does what it's supposed to do. It backs up and secures my data.

If you get hit by malware and it says, "I'm gonna crash your machine in five minutes," or something like that, this software finds it out and recovers it right away. It restores your machine automatically to where it was. That's an enormous stride forward.

If you need to recover, it's the best recovery software I've ever used and I've been in this business for over 30 years. Plug a disc in and tell it to recover this machine and it's done. You walk away from it and it's done. Reboot it and it's perfect.

Special for IT Central Station Visitors: Free 30-Day Trial of Acronis Backup 12.5

Room for Improvement

This might be a lack of understanding on my part, but it's difficult to purge old backups.

Also, there's something in it that detects ransomware. But it's detecting a program that runs in the background of my machine that it thinks is ransomware. But it's a printer equipment utility that runs in the background. I copied the link and put it in the "these are okay" section of the software, but it still gives me errors.

Scalability is great. All you need is a license and it will handle up to a 1,000 machines.

I'm very pleased with it. Support is wonderful, the people are great and they know their stuff. I even had one person supporting me on a Sunday afternoon when he was off work.

It was a Microsoft backup. The stuff that came with the file server, SPF 2008. It was absolutely awful compared to Acronis. Acronis is dedicated to doing backup.

Special for IT Central Station Visitors: Free 30-Day Trial of Acronis Backup 12.5

Version 11.7 was a pain to install on a workstation, but 12.5 is nothing. You go to a workstation, put the software in, and register the license, then it's done.

Free Trial

Try Acronis Backup for free with no commitment. You'll be up and running in 5 minutes.