Acronis Backup Review

A very fast and reliable backup, which requires less management, but could support more types of storage

What is our primary use case?

I have used it on a virtual server, as a backup server.

How has it helped my organization?

I do not worry that the backups are not running, or panic when a storm is coming through. It is a very fast and reliable backup, which requires less management and restores quickly.

What is most valuable?

It is fast and easy for an image-based backup across all platforms. The user interface (UI) is easy to use. We have a large virtualization infrastructure. Image backup is very important to us.

What needs improvement?

It would be nice if it could support more types of storage: EMC, HPE, Veeam, etc. Veeam backup is integrated with many storage producers, but Acronis does not integrate that much.

Three to five years.

No issues.

Not yet.

I would rate the technical support as a nine out of 10.

Previously, I have used many different solutions. Now, I am using Veeam and Acronis.

The setup is straightforward.

We evaluated the VMware backup solution, Acronis, Symantec, and Veeam. However, we are now using both Acronis and Veeam.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise this product for the use of backup systems.

12.5
More Acronis Backup reviews from users
...who work at a Government
...who compared it with Veritas Backup Exec
Learn what your peers think about Acronis Backup. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
512,221 professionals have used our research since 2012.