Acronis Backup Review

It works with different types of partitions or different OSs

What is our primary use case?

I use it to basically backup my laptop and have several copies of it residing in different places.

It performs awesomely. I have been super thrilled with the results. The GUI is easy to follow.

How has it helped my organization?

I have a backup and can restore. I just restored a backup a month ago. It saved me because it had lots of work/business-related documents that I needed.

What is most valuable?

• Ease of use
  • It works with different types of partitions or different OSs.
  • I have a Mac and a Windows-based computer, and it performs with both equally as well.

What needs improvement?

I would change the GUI a little to make it a bit more interactive. It should have a slightly more updated look, not something which looks like it was designed five years ago despite the fact it is easy to follow and very appealing.

More than five years.

Stability is always good. I have used Acronis for 10 years now, if not more. I have never had a problem with availability, etc.

I am a personal user, so scalability is not really relevant.

I have never had the need for support.

I was previously using the following:

• Symantec, like P.q Magic.
  • Ghost, which is another competitor, for partitions and backup.
  • Something with Windows, like a basic backup solution and others.

A colleague of mine recommended Acronis Backup. He said, "You should try Acronis." This was when Acronis was not popular or common. Everybody was using the competitors' solutions. I tried it and it worked.

The initial setup is super easy and super easy to follow; straightforward. That is the benefit of the ease of use with Acronis solutions.

I like the pricing, and that it is easy to use and has performed well.

I have tried other solutions, then I saw Acronis, and it did everything. It was an all-in-one solution for OS, Apple iOS, or Windows. Again, it was easy to follow.

What other advice do I have?

Try all of the solutions in the market. You will see for yourself that Acronis is the easiest to use and stable. It has never failed on me.

I have everything I need in the backup or in the partition.

Most important criteria when selecting a vendor: Good support if I ever need it. Therefore I would know that I have someone to contact, especially when considering this is a backup, thus it is crucial for it work properly.