Acronis Backup Review

Does its job very well and has interesting capabilities

What is our primary use case?

We implement Acronis for our clients and we also use it internally.

What is most valuable?

It actually does its job very well and has interesting capabilities, but it has the most awful interface.

It's like there hasn't been any clear thought of linking process to the interface model. It's a very frustrating product but what it does, it does well, which is why even for all of those reasons we still standardize on it as our preferred backup solution. But it drives us mad.

What needs improvement?

I'll be completely honest, it's a very annoying product.

The whole product structure is confusing. You can actually get to do what you want to do. But Acronis seems to have a singular ability to make things difficult.

We have been using Acronis Backup for a few years now.

It's stable.

It's scalable. We have around ten to fifteen users. The users are a combination of end-users and admins.

Their technical support is excellent.

The initial setup is slightly complex because the interface design is poor. So certainly, we've often had to scrap our strategies and go back and redo them. I would say that it's slightly complex to get to what you want.

You have to recognize that you might have to go and do it again once or twice until you get it working exactly the way you want it to work.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend it, but warn people new to it, to be aware that they might well be a bit frustrated at first.

I would rate Acronis Backup an eight out of ten. It's one of those products that probably needs an overhaul because it's kind of evolved over time and sometimes when you evolve things, you end up in a hole. It's probably about time for them to sit back and realize that they've made all this functionality and made all these changes so they should go back.

Also, managing the product is difficult. As a partner, it's difficult to manage our end-user clients because there's no single dashboard where we can go and see our clients and manage them individually. You have to set up an individual setup for each client, which is a bit frustrating.

I would like to see improvements for people that are probably doing an MSP type of approach, managed service providers so that they had a much simpler way to view their end-user situations.

Hybrid Cloud