Acronis Disaster Recovery Review

Reasonably-priced, easy to use, and scales to all requirements

What is our primary use case?

In my previous company, we used Acronis to provide an on-cloud backup solution for our customers.

What is most valuable?

The backup and recovery options work flawlessly.

The solution is very easy to use, with a single-click recovery.

The customer is able to scale up to any extent that they require.

The gateway option allows people to take backups from the AWS and Google cloud platforms.

What needs improvement?

In the future, I would like to see cross-platform support.

You should be able to better manage the cost involved in transferring data when there are cross-platform activities.

I have been working with Acronis Disaster Recovery for about one year.

This product is very much stable.

The scalability and availability aspects are good. This product is highly scalable, and in my previous company, we had it installed in two to three different remote locations.

We sold more than 500 licenses and each of our clients had a minimum of 40 or 50 users. There were a couple of enterprise clients with more than 200 users. In total, between all of our clients, I would say that there were more than 6,000 users.

The technical support is absolutely good.

We did use other solutions prior to working with Acronis, although they were open-source. We switched because we had to consider support, scalability, availability, and other things.

The setup is very easy. As far as the end-user is concerned, it is just a matter of getting the client installed remotely. Overall, it is not complex, and it takes perhaps 15 or 20 minutes to install.

This pricing is quite reasonable.

We did not evaluate other options before choosing Acronis.

What other advice do I have?

In previous versions, Acronis did not support taking backups from AWS or Google Cloud. However, this option has been added and they are now able to integrate with them.

This is a good product and I feel confident recommending it to any of my customers. I would suggest that people considering it go ahead and implement it. if there are any concerns then a PoC should be able to answer them.

Other