Act-On Software Review

What is most valuable?

The adaptive nurturing, segmentation, multiple lead scoring rules, and simple CRM integration stood out the most. The CRM connection is light weight for the CRM Administrator and easy to modify per business processes. Another plus was the ability to easily segment Act-On data per different internal business units.

How has it helped my organization?

Act-On improved our account-based marketing, delivered product-driven marketing material, increased lead rates with specific sales targets, and built a stronger relationship between our marketing and sales teams.

What needs improvement?

The CRM integration with Act-On is better with Salesforce and had more value for sales representatives than it did with Microsoft Dynamics CRM; that was MS CRM's downfall. Act-On Anywhere is a nice feature for general users, but the tracking in CRM is lost, and Marketing team subject lines do not carry over on the email templates.

Our Marketing team has used Act-On for four years.

The setup instructions are easy to follow and can be up and running within minutes. We transitioned our Act-On instance from Salesforce CRM to Microsoft Dynamics CRM without any issues.

No issues due to Act-On. However, with the CRM integration, the Administrator needs to identify any changes that could impact connection, but it is easy to monitor and update if needed.

Keeping our accounts and contacts clean helped our team on scalability and Act-On offers several data cleansing services to assist for an additional reasonable fee.

Act-On has an outstanding customer support team and they escalate issues to their technical teams before the frustration level. They even suggest improvements and point you to Act-On University courses and guides for easy reference later. They care about your success.

The initial setup was very easy in Salesforce and Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Act-On has great guides to step you through the process.

We had a complex marketing plan and other vendors mentioned additional fees for multiple processes to meet our needs and Act-On included them. Act-On does have several great options for a one-time fee and other vendors charged monthly or higher fees. Consider the Dedicated IP and Litmus option.

We reviewed six well-known vendors and tried one of the others due to an existing Master Service Agreement (MSA) discount offered with a sister company. Within the one month trial, we went to Act-On and happy that we did not stay with the other due to the MSA. The six reviewed were Act-On, Eloqua, HubSpot, Marketo, Pardot, and Silverpop.