Actifio Review

Rapid recovery with a simplified user interface, and it can be deployed as an appliance

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is for backups and for testing the environment. The backup can be used for your test environment.

What is most valuable?

Some of the most valuable features are that you can use the backup for a test environment, with the rapid recovery done using just a few clicks.

Also, it has a very simplified user interface.

You can deploy it as an appliance without necessarily having to purchase the operating system licenses and the support that you get when you are selling to a client who has budget restrictions. They will assist me in achieving whatever budget issue the client may be having.

What needs improvement?

Areas that need improvement would be the support for recovery in the physical environment. This includes a bare-metal restore, backing up a physical server, and then restoring the same on a physical server. Currently, it has to be on a virtual server.

In the next release, I would like to see bare-metal restore and a version that is comparable to solutions such as Acronis, where they have less but similar features at a lower cost.

I have been using Actifio for almost four years.

This solution is stable and we have not experienced any issues.

This is a scalable solution.

The initial setup is not complex and I find it to be quite easy.

Normally, we do the proof of concept first and then use the same setup that was done using that, for the production environment.

Pricing is on a case by case basis. They really help us to achieve the customer's needs.

They really support us on pricing.

What other advice do I have?

Our customers are either fully on-premises or fully on the cloud, none are hybrid at the moment.

It's an enterprise solution for large companies. For smaller companies, we recommend other solutions that would be equivalent but can be implemented with a lower budget.

When I speak of backup solutions there are only two that I have in mind. The first is Actifio for enterprise customers who have a good budget, and the second is Acronis, which is for customers who have a lower budget and don't necessarily need all of the features.

I don't have a lot of knowledge on solutions such as Commvault, Veritas, or Dell EMC. I need to have a full understanding of the product before I can recommend it.

Hybrid Cloud
More Actifio reviews from users
...who compared it with IBM Tivoli CDP for Files
Find out what your peers are saying about Google, Rubrik, Veeam Software and others in Backup and Recovery Software. Updated: January 2021.
457,459 professionals have used our research since 2012.