Actifio Review

It allows me to refresh those test/dev environment on a daily basis with built-in schedules.

Valuable Features:

• Workflow
  • Mount (instance recovery)

Improvements to My Organization:

Due to the mount and workflow I refresh several SQL and Oracle databases for the Test/Dev host without taking up any production storage space. It also allows me to refresh those test/dev environment on a daily basis with built-in schedules. This means that things that took me days to perform today, now take me 20 minutes.

Room for Improvement:

There is a lot to improve on and a lot of new features that are needed. Some of these, I have personally requested, for example to be able to set multiple/specific  hours/days on the workflow mechanism, and add the ability to support tapes/robot libraries.

Use of Solution:

I have been working with Actifio for almost two years. I have two Actifio cluster which protects 60TB of data including six VMware machines, SQL database, Oracle database, Windows, and Linux.

Deployment Issues:

We've had no issues with deployment.

Stability Issues:

We've had no issues with stability.

Scalability Issues:

We've had no issues with scalability.

Other Advice:

Actifio is working well and has a lot features and abilities that none of its competitors have.

This product is the best that there is today, as it has replication and it has built–in BCP/DR. It is perfect for test/dev environment creation and much more.