Actifio Review

It allows me to refresh those test/dev environment on a daily basis with built-in schedules.

Valuable Features:

• Workflow
  • Mount (instance recovery)

Improvements to My Organization:

Due to the mount and workflow I refresh several SQL and Oracle databases for the Test/Dev host without taking up any production storage space. It also allows me to refresh those test/dev environment on a daily basis with built-in schedules. This means that things that took me days to perform today, now take me 20 minutes.

Room for Improvement:

There is a lot to improve on and a lot of new features that are needed. Some of these, I have personally requested, for example to be able to set multiple/specific  hours/days on the workflow mechanism, and add the ability to support tapes/robot libraries.

Use of Solution:

I have been working with Actifio for almost two years. I have two Actifio cluster which protects 60TB of data including six VMware machines, SQL database, Oracle database, Windows, and Linux.

Deployment Issues:

We've had no issues with deployment.

Stability Issues:

We've had no issues with stability.

Scalability Issues:

We've had no issues with scalability.

Other Advice:

Actifio is working well and has a lot features and abilities that none of its competitors have.

This product is the best that there is today, as it has replication and it has built–in BCP/DR. It is perfect for test/dev environment creation and much more.

More Actifio reviews from users
...who compared it with IBM Tivoli CDP for Files
Find out what your peers are saying about Google, Rubrik, Veeam Software and others in Backup and Recovery Software. Updated: May 2021.
510,534 professionals have used our research since 2012.