Adaptavist Test Management for Jira Review

Simple and user-friendly solution that has good stability

What is our primary use case?

We use the on-prem deployment model. We need it for writing and executing test cases. In the future, we plan to integrate it with an API.

What is most valuable?

I like the feature that has Microsoft services. The feature enables you to reuse your steps but you should make sure to create separate test cases. It's a practical feature because you can reuse these steps but it's best to create some test cases somewhere because you cannot apply it directly to steps 3 or 2,3,4 for example, if you have six steps in your first case. So you should create a separate test case for it and then you should add it to some test cases. A bad thing is that you have is traceability between a task in JIRA and the test cycle. A problem is that developers or product owners won't have the ability to see test cases to make sure that everything is covered. You need more licenses which cost more money.

What needs improvement?

I plan to make some tests stand for my view, where I will want to play with the API to start to implement some of the tests because the is the plan to use it as main debt management system. Previously, we used a quality center from IBM but it was old technology. The main point that I want to get from this solution is to integrate this after a test run of the test and see results on JIRA, not on the CI system. When they need to provide some lab reports, of course, we can use a separate solution but business users, product owners will not be able to use it. They don't need such technical details, they need an open task in JIRA to check what failed what passed. We also want it to improve the sync.

I don't like that you need to use a lot of tabs. One test case takes 15-20 minutes and on Zephyr is take about 5-10 minutes. They should shorten the time it takes by not using many tabs. There should be more customization abilities. One of my teams can need to create about a hundred test cases and they will need to spend twice time than with Zephyr. The estimation for creating this case will be increased twofold compared to Zephyr.

I have been using this solution for three months.

My impression of the stability is very positive.

We have around one hundred users using this solution.

We don't use technical support. We have an office in Austria that provides us with solutions. Also, this solution is pretty simple and user-friendly. We don't really need help with it.

What other advice do I have?

For the client, Adpatavist is very good.

I would rate it between a seven and eight out of ten.