Adobe Captivate Review

Helpful templates and a good content library

What is our primary use case?

I primarily use Adobe Captivate for instructional design. I use it to create and modify e-learning modules.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the templates that come with the package, the recording features, as well as the surveys and quizzes that you can create with it.

I also like the content library.

What needs improvement?

The text to speech capability needs to be improved. The voice sounds automated and I would like to have a more natural-sounding voice. There should be more selections available for voices, as well such as Spanish voices, British voices, etc.

We have been using Adobe Captivate for about five years.

I have never had problems with stability, either with the previous version or the current version.

We have about five people in the firm who use this product. There are designers like me, but there are also managers who have to capture simulations.

We have not needed to scale it. This product is expensive and not one that we would buy for many people in the firm because it only has specific uses.

I have not needed to contact Adobe technical support.

We did not use another similar solution prior to Abobe Captivate.

The initial setup was straightforward.

This product is part of the larger Adobe Creative Cloud offering, which costs about $600 USD per year.

We now use multiple solutions that include Captivate, Camtasia, and Storyline.

Captivate is running neck and neck with Storyline has more flexibility when it comes to creating instructional materials. We use Captivate, on the other hand, mostly for corporate training.

What other advice do I have?

This is a good product, although it is not my preferred tool of choice. Storyline has really drawn my attention.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.