Adobe ColdFusion Review
Compared to other server-side languages, it has a way more developer friendly approach and a less steep learning curve.

What is our primary use case?

I develop applications with Coldfusion to service the requirements from my clients and help them grow their business.

How has it helped my organization?

Especially the integration with the client-sided programming is really friendly. Of course, other languages have improved a lot and this valuable features is getting less and less important for choosing ColdFusion.

What is most valuable?

When I started using ColdFusion, I only had experience with PHP, and compared to that language, I was amazed by the simplicity and the structure. From that moment forward, I got experience with Java, JavaScript, Mendix, and more. And compared to other server-side languages, it has a way more developer friendly approach and a less steep learning curve.

What needs improvement?

My major concern is the fact that Adobe is not actively pushing the development of ColdFusion since they bought Macromedia. However open source development initiatives like Railo, Blue Dragon and Lucee are picking up the pace and making sure development stays possible.

More than five years.

With larger applications I had issues.

I had no issues with scalability.

Never had direct contact with Adobe ColdFusion customer service.

Never had direct contact with Adobe ColdFusion customer service.

PHP for about 6 months, I switched because my employer utilized ColdFusion, however after using it for a couple of months I was sold on the product. And that's why up to today I keep on using the product.

The initial setup was straightforward.

We implemented it by using an in-house team and my own personal experience in later projects.

I believe that developing with ColdFusion saved me about 25% time compared to Java and PHP projects. ColdFusion has a lot of useful built-in functions that the others lack by default. Although via scripts created by others you will still be able to implemented those.