Adobe ColdFusion Review

We save enormous amounts of time in development using this tool

What is our primary use case?

I use ColdFusion to build internal and external applications for a major oil company. We had several teams totaling about 100 developers using this tool at our client.

How has it helped my organization?

This tool was very easy learn, yet powerful enough to manage many sites on a single instance.

We save enormous amounts of time in development using this tool.

What is most valuable?

The ability to write SQL queries was very helpful as we did not need to bother our DBAs in writing stored procedures for simple tasks.

What needs improvement?

I have since moved into a management role and have not kept abreast of changes with this tool.

More than five years.

None.

None.

We did not use a different solution. We did use .NET for some applications, but I preferred CF.

Installation of the server software was formidable due the number of configurable options.

The client had the software running prod but did not have dev or test servers. I was tasked with setting those up after the fact. It took some time to get the dev/test server to match prod, but that was not an issue with the tool. This was not setting up the environments properly.

I was part of a vendor team that did this for a client.

It was not determined.

It is a very effective solution and worth the price.

Not applicable.