Adobe Connect Review
Provides Flexibility Including Variety Of Chat And Screen Sharing Options

What is most valuable?

The flexibility that Adobe Connect offers is incredibly valuable, in that it allows you to customize the experience for your requirements. The meeting organizer's ability to determine what level of participation the other users have, a variety of chat options, and screen- and other sharing capabilities are very useful, depending on the particular requirements.

How has it helped my organization?

The product enabled a variety of teams that were not co-located to communicate in real time, and allowed the teams, as needed, to host meetings with a variety of capabilities and functions.

What needs improvement?

The troubleshooting process for Adobe Connect could be improved. We had regular issues with activating sound and camera functions, even after having done a successful test call shortly before. A troubleshooting process might work on one occasion, but that same process would fail at a later time. This was incredibly difficult particularly when less tech-savvy team members, who were not co-located with me, were experiencing issues.

I regularly used Adobe Connect from 2013 to 2015. After transitioning from that position, I have used Adobe Connect a few times for various training and communications requirements.

I did experience occasional stability issues. It was difficult to assess whether they resulted from instability of the networks I was on or the system itself.

I do not recall experiencing issues with scalability.

I do not recall using the technical support.

I was not involved in the decision to use Adobe Connect.

The setup was straightforward to include setting up meetings. However, the teams experienced challenges when sound and camera systems were not connecting properly, despite using processes and settings that had worked previously.

I was not involved in pricing and licensing of this or other like products, so I cannot comment on this.

My most recent organization had used GoToMeeting for some time, and experienced greater issues with that than I had when using Adobe Connect. The requirement for such a product did not continue, therefore when we chose to not renew the service, other services such as Skype sufficed. However, I did recommend to colleagues that should the need arise again, they should look into Adobe Connect as an option.

What other advice do I have?

The product offers a number of capabilities that are worth researching further before deciding whether it is valuable for your organization.