Adobe Experience Manager Review
Its primary feature is the extent to which it allows authors to modify, build and operate their website/page components.

What is most valuable?

I believe that the primary feature of the product is the ability and extent to which it allows authors to modify, build and operate their website, page components, etc. that otherwise would require a lot more of developer work.

How has it helped my organization?

We provide consultancy services to the clients so that our clients can use the product to improve their organization's operations.

What needs improvement?

The integration of the product with other Adobe Marketing Cloud products could be improved.

I have used this solution for around four years.

Usually, when integrating with other Adobe Marketing Cloud products, we encountered some stability issues, but those are already being worked upon by Adobe.

We did not experience any scalability issues. There are many options for designing the solution, depending upon the expected load/stress.

The technical support is active in responding but may take a while, depending on the complexity of the issue.

Setup is pretty straightforward and well-documented by Adobe.

What other advice do I have?

The product was originally developed by a company called Day Software that was taken over, and then further developed by Adobe, changing its name from CQ5 to Adobe Experience Manager (AEM). Currently, the latest version is AEM 6.3.

When using other Adobe Marketing Cloud products with AEM, I would advise keeping short-term goals instead of going straight ahead to build something massive/complex. Furthermore, selecting an experienced and competitive consulting partner for the development goes a long way.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are digital marketing partners with Adobe and have been given the status of Adobe partner of the year in the ANZ region for the years 2017, 2015-16 and 2013-14.