ADP Workforce Now Review

It is web-based and has an app.

What is most valuable?

I love the integration of HR, payroll, tax filing, benefits, time and attendance, GL, ACA, employee/manager self-service, reporting and analytics. We also love that it is web-based (and has an app) and is very customizable.

How has it helped my organization?

We used to have an HR/payroll system and a separate time and attendance, benefits, self-service system. ADP WFN has everything in one site and is so easy to use.

What needs improvement?

Their “new and improved” message center (where you get notifications and go to approve things like time off) is actually not as easy as it used to be. It makes approving items take longer. We hear all the time that managers would like to see their Team Calendar as a monthly view, yet it only has a weekly view. We don’t like that some of the fields can’t be date-driven to keep history (you will not be able to find people’s previous surnames or previous addresses). On the bright side, ADP is continually updating their system, so hopefully they will fix this in a future update.

I have used it for two years.

We did not have any stability issues, at all.

We did not have any scalability issues, at all.

Technical support is 6/10. You do call into a call center. Sometimes you get people that know what they are doing; other times, not so much.

We did previously use a different solution. We switched because we didn’t want multiple systems; we wanted one fully integrated solution.

Initial setup was pretty straightforward, but we did have quite a few issues during the conversion. However, we believe that was due more to the implementation team members themselves than the system.

The pricing can be fairly high depending on which products you wish to have. I did not mind paying more, though, to get the full integration. They were also very flexible with our pricing and matched what we were previously paying for a while.

Before choosing this product, we also evaluated Ceridian DayForce and Oracle.

What other advice do I have?

Spend as much time as necessary on implementation (don’t rush it and don’t let them rush you). Wait until you are comfortable with moving over. We did use an outside company to help pull in some of our data from our previous company, as ADP wasn’t able to pull in all of our history.