Aerohive Networks Review
Very easy to configure with a private and guest SSID although the UI needs improving

Valuable Features

• Controller-less Access Points
  • Option of private or public cloud
  • Private Pre-shared Key

Improvements to My Organization

Easily make changes to the WLAN via the online portal rather than through a hardware controller. Reducing time spent by our team to make changes as when required.

Room for Improvement

I personally think the user interface could do with touching up but that’s being overly critical as I can’t think of anything hardware related that requires improvement.

Use of Solution

2 years.

Deployment was a piece of cake.

We have only had one WLAN drop since installing the Aerohive AP121.

We only use a couple of these in the office so we cannot comment on scale at this point.

We have never needed to approach customer service as the device has never given us any troubles.

We have never needed to approach technical support as the device has never given us any troubles.

TP-Link Business Wireless Router.

The initial setup was a doddle. Very easy to configure with a private and guest SSID. We have now moved to using an External Radius which works without issue.

Implementation Team

We handled all implementation ourselves.

ROI

The amount of time spent troubleshooting wireless issues is now non-existent so our ROI is priceless as it stands.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

£500 for the unit. Zero cost for the day to day usage.

Other Solutions Considered

Motorola WING but it was overkill for our needs of a small business.

Other Advice

Try it out as a demo first. It might not suit everyone’s need.