ExtremeCloud IQ Review

A better UI is needed as it's more complex than other vendor's interfaces.

What is most valuable?

The possibility to use a web cloud interface to manage the customer's wireless network.

How has it helped my organization?

It allows you to provide a fast customer service. If a customer asks me to make a change on his wireless LAN I can modify it through cloud management. I don't need to connect to his network via a VPN.

What needs improvement?

A better user interface is needed as it's more complex than other vendor's interfaces.

2 years.

During my first project I asked my vendor to help me to implement some specific features of my customer's wireless LAN. If someone doesn't explain to you how the interface works, you can spend a lot of time working with it without obtaining a good result.

None encountered.

I have never had a scalability issue yet.

AeroHive provide very good technical support with user guides and technical documentation.

Cisco and HP were used previously, and we decided to switch because we were attracted to AeroHive's cloud management.

You have to know how the network works and how the interface works. If you follow a course you can create a wireless network in an hour or less.

In-house, we design the network using a planning tool and we follow the entire project step by step.

We used to implement wireless networks using traditional Access Points when our vendor proposed this product to us. Therefore, we weren't interested in finding another solution.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise you to take a good course that is organised by an AeroHive vendor.

More ExtremeCloud IQ reviews from users