Aerohive Networks Review

Valuable Features:

Cloud management and controller-less functionality are valuable features. The Aerohive model aligns better with the increasingly mobile workforce (i.e. high concentration of remote offices and telecommuters). The new Hivemanager NG product is a 100% improvement, making configuration even easier.

Improvements to My Organization:

Competing products dependent upon controllers are a heavy lift. It can often seem as though you're managing a completely parallel network in addition to the wired LAN. This isn't the case with Aerohive. Most organizations don't have the human capital to spend on heavy management of a WLAN. Aerohive makes it much faster and easier to deploy. I had a a fully configured network (802.1X EAP/PEAP and guest SSIDs) deployed in a day. The built-in security features also make it much easier to provide compliance reports quickly.

Room for Improvement:

There are still some support issues with the branch routers and the newer version of Hivemanager. I also think the branch routers are due for a significant update.

Deployment Issues:

We've had no issues with deployment.

Stability Issues:

We've had no issues with stability.

Scalability Issues:

We've had no issues with scalability.

Other Advice:

Dump Cisco and run, do not walk, to Aerohive. In my personal experience, the support staff and sales people are excellent and very helpful.