Aerohive Networks Review

Valuable Features

Aerohive's Hive Manager allows you to control all aspects of your WiFi network, from anywhere. The dashboard shows you the heavier users, the problem spots on your network, and the general health of your WiFi system, at a glance.

Improvements to My Organization

One can easily set up and take down new networks for testing, or long term visitors, or easily set up temporary access for visitors.

Room for Improvement

Not really. I'm not sure what more to say except that I can't think of any areas for improvement. The 120 character requirement for reviews is unnecessary.

Use of Solution

No issues with deployment. Again, I'm not sure what to say except that I didn't encounter any issues with deployment.

Have had no issues with stability. Again, and again, I'm not sure what to say except that I don't have any issues with stability.

The adapters have scaled to meet the needs of our students without issues. Which means that I didn't encounter any issues with scalability.

Excellent service. Yes, the service was and is excellent. And again, and again, the one hundred and twenty character requirement for reviews is unnecessary.

Excellent support. Yes, the support was and is excellent. And again, and again the one hundred and twenty character requirement for reviews is unnecessary.

Mikrotik, impossible to manage these devices. Mikrotik requires that you know their proprietary system to get it to work.

Very easy to set up. Much easier to set up than to meet the requirements for this review, the one hundred and twenty character requirement is very onerous.

Implementation Team

Installed and set them up myself. If you can string wire and find an electric outlet you can install these WiFi adapters. The software is a breeze to use.

ROI

I don't calculate that. These just work and fit our needs. Again, I don't calculate the return on investment. If the device makes my life easier, and it works, I judge it a positive move.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

In education, install via e-rate to make the product quite affordable. They are similar in price to most competing brands.

Other Solutions Considered

Yes (ruckus, cisco, meraki, etc.) but this had the easiest interface to set up. Again, the interface is very easy to set up. A general knowledge of networks is all you need.

Other Advice

No. No. No. I have no additional comments or advice, but I do have a suggestion, that the 120 character minimum is removed from these reviews.