Aerohive Networks Review

Allows us to fully manage all our wireless radios, ensuring consistency and ease of access

What is our primary use case?

We use Aerohive as our campus wireless solution. The cloud-based management interface allows us to fully manage all our wireless radios, ensuring consistency and ease of access.

How has it helped my organization?

Wireless is no longer a ‘nice to have’ feature. It has become an essential component to a comprehensive network plan. Wireless is the default for BYOD users and mobile staff. The choice of a wireless vendor was incredibly important given the increasing reliance on mobility. Installing a campus-wide WLAN has given us more flexibility in meeting and classroom spaces, and it provides a value-added service for guests.

What is most valuable?

The lack of a controller on-site gives us one less point of failure for this critical system. The cloud management gives us the tools and reports that we need to monitor and troubleshoot the network.

What needs improvement?

We have had some mediocre to poor experiences with tech support: Conflicting information, condescending attitudes, and reluctance to work to resolve an issue. Although, these were isolated, and most of our interactions have been fruitful, they still leave a lasting bad taste.

Three to five years.