Aerohive Networks Review

HiveManager is extremely easy to use for anyone with little network experience

What is our primary use case?

WLAN deployment for girls' hostels of the University of Kelaniya, Sri Lanka. It has four hostel complexes for in-house undergraduates. Our University has the largest WLAN deployment in Sri Lanka. Now, we are expanding it to cover all rooms in the hostels. This time, we are seeking a cloud-based system with BYOD.

How has it helped my organization?

This is an implementation stage for Aerohive Wireless. We are still in a PoC with Dell Sri Lanka. HiveManager is extremely easy to use for anyone with little network experience.

What is most valuable?

The cloud-based controller through HiveManager is its most valuable feature. I can manage and configure changes to my access points from anywhere.

What needs improvement?

Browser load time for the cloud is long and needs improvement.

Still implementing.

We chose to evaluate Aerohive and Cisco Meraki for this project. Price-wise Aerohive is the lowest competitive bidder for this WLAN project.

What other advice do I have?

The cloud interface is decent. It has a smooth dashboard.

Aerohive has been the perfect fit for a University like us. I am the Senior Network Administrator of the University. I am thrilled that I have no worries about our wireless network.